Mold Remediation

Mold Remediation

Mold Remediation *Trained and Certified by IICRC & ICRA

Mold Remediation is the removal and cleaning of mold and mildew from contaminated areas or materials. If properly performed, mold treatment and prevention should also prevent the mold from growing back or from spreading to non-contaminated areas.

There are several methods of mold removal but they should all be performed by trained professionals. A trained, MasterDry mold remediator will identify the source of the mold problem and its growth, eliminate the mold (including dead (dormant) mold), and dispose of the damaged materials correctly.

All mold, even dead mold, can adversely affect human health. Because mold spores are very small and can be carried in the air, they can be easily inhaled by humans resulting in respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies and other health problems.

The key to mold control is moisture control. It is important to dry water damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to help prevent mold growth.  Mold is normally found indoors at levels that do not affect most healthy individuals. When these levels become abnormally high as determined by indoor air quality testing or a mold inspection, remediation is recommended to be carried out by a professional remediation company. MasterDry, LLC technicians are experts certified by the IICRC & ICRA in Mold Remediation.  We consult with third party Environmental Specialists to ensure your home or office is properly cared for and maintains safe air quality.

MoldMasterDry, LLC uses High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtered vacuum cleaners in the final cleanup of remediation areas after materials have been thoroughly dried and all contaminated materials have been removed. HEPA vacuum cleaners are recommended for the cleanup of the outside areas surrounding the remediation area. During this process the MasterDry’s Technicians wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent exposure to mold and other contaminants.

The goal of remediation is to remove or clean contaminated materials in a way that prevents the emission of fungi and dust contaminated with fungi from leaving a work area and entering an occupied or non-abatement area, while protecting the health of workers performing the remediation.  The purpose of the clean-up process is to eliminate the mold and fungal growth and to remove contaminated materials. As a general rule, simply killing the mold with a biocide is not enough. The mold must be removed since the chemicals and proteins, which cause a reaction in humans, are still present even in dead mold.

Moisture Testing

Mold will only grow when there is sufficient moisture available. Generally, Relative Humidity must remain above 50-55% for a prolonged period for mold to thrive. If there is mold growing in your property, then there is a moisture problem.

During a Master Dry Mold assessment, we look at the extent of the mold problem AND the underlying cause - moisture. Using dedicated testing equipment we determine whether the moisture is the result of excessive condensation, leaks or rising dampness.

Our recommendations for mold remediation always include methods to reduce or eliminate the moisture problem.

Mold under sink Mold on ceiling fan Mold on the walls

Surface Sampling

A surface sample is taken on a BioTape™ microscopy slide, which allows us to identify the species of mold present. Not all molds are harmful to human health but if you think you have been physically affected by mold in your home or workplace, it is worth knowing if you have potentially harmful mold in your indoor environment.

Mold spores are common allergens. Inhalation of mold spores, fragments, metabolites (volatile organic compounds, mycotoxins) can lead to exacerbated immunological (allergic) reactions, cause toxic effects or cause infections. Illnesses can result from high level short-term and low level long-term exposures. The most common symptoms reported from indoor air environments are runny nose, eye irritation, cough, congestion, aggravation of asthma, headache and fatigue. In infested properties, nose bleeds and vomiting can occur. The immunological response of an individual to mold can range from no effects to severe, violent effects.

More mold B athroom mold Mold behind drywall


Our experiences dealing with mold infestations in properties have shown that in some cases, the building's structure is permeable - allowing water to penetrate through the walls, floors and into basements.


If you want to protect your health from the effects of mold, call Master Dry at 877-65-FLOOD and ask for a certified Mold Specialist.